[ Consumer | Privacy | Links ]
PIRG: Consumer Privacy
See also our collection of consumer credit links.
- Center for Media EducationA national non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of electronic media, especially on the behalf of children and families.
- Consumer.Net Privacy Information
- Electronic Privacy Information Center EPIC is a public interest research center in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values.
http://www.networkusa.org/fingerprint.shtml Welcome to the "Fight the Fingerprint" Web Site! We Stand Strong Against All Government Sanctioned Biometrics and Social Security Number Identification Schemes!
- The NAMEDA non-profit grass roots organization, founded by America's leading privacy advocates, dedicated to protecting your private data from being sold by others without your consent.
- Junkbusters Corp. Their mission is to free the world from junk communications.
- Privacy InternationalA human rights group formed in 1990 as a watchdog on surveillance by governments and corporations.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse Information on a variety of informational privacy issues, as well as practical tips on safeguarding personal privacy. Telephone hotline for those who seek information about privacy issues.
- Private Citizen, Inc.. A service to stop junk calls and junk mail from invading your privacy.
- Privacy Times Designed for professionals and attorneys who need to follow the legislation, court rulings, industry developments and horror stories that frame the ongoing debate about information privacy.
- Privacy Journal A monthly newsletter reporting on new technology and its impact on personal privacy. Site features privacy tips, and information on ordering various publications on privacy.
- The Internet PRIVACY Forum. The PRIVACY Forum includes a moderated digest for the serious discussion and analysis of issues relating to the topic of privacy (both personal and collective).